Skip to main content

Things that stop you on your tracks

Today I had a very long and tiring day, it was one of those summer days when you have so many things to do you stop at the end of the day and marvel at how much you achieved. These are the days I treasure the most and the ones that stop me for a moment or two and make me think. When I start my list at the beginning of the day and write all the tasks I want to complete, I try to make a schedule and stick to it so I manage my time efficiently. Although I don't count breaks or unexpected last minute changes, I mainly stick to the time frames and even try to do more than one things at a time.

Even after all the hussle and bustle of the day, the world kept reminding me of how beautiful it is and even made me stop in my tracks to admire it. I managed to catch some shots I found interesting and also some of my lovely baby boy, Max, that just turned 10 months. He is my german shepherd that I will sadly leave at home and which I love greatly. I walk him everyday and taught him some tricks, though I feel sad that I will leave exactly at the time that he needs me more, after he turns 1, because that's when he should be training more and reaching his adult size. *sigh*

My lovely Max by Alexandra Radu


These past days have been very busy but I look at them as preparatory for uni, because then I will have tp handle everything on my own. Starting to get organized and decide what I am taking and what I am not, getting a new dress made from a fabric I received as a present from Morroco, hand-made my own bed sets and some other items ( I love crafting and personalizing my things), getting some books that one of the tutors recommended and generally sorting out my documents and everything.

Oh yes, I am also studying and practicing hard to get my driver's license, if I will be lucky I should get it in 2 weeks times, a bit excited about it as I enjoy driving a lot and I learnt it pretty well so far. I am trying to see my friends more and do the things I won't or be less inclined to do in the UK. Until next time I'll leave you with some shots of my lovely country.









All the photos are property of Alexandra Radu and cannot be used without my permission ;)



Popular posts from this blog

10 things I love about summer

Summer  is a lovely time of year,  you have the long days and with a little luck longer, warmer days and sunshine. Why wouldn't one love summer then!? I was contemplating how much I enjoy this season and how busy the days seem to be, of course the British summer isn't as sunny but there are days when it's warm enough and it doesn't rain. Therefore, here are my 10 reasons for loving summer: 1. The feeling of freedom it gives. I know will fade with time because school will end and when you work you don't have 3 months of summer vacation but for now it feels so good to know you have such a lengthy amount of time off every year. 2. The repeating cycle of big changes preceeded by it, every 4 years I start a new chapter in my book, passing from one school to another, from one city to a new one, so I anxiously wait for these rare and random summers. 3. The wonderful hot weather perfect for all those trips and relaxing walks, though it isn't true for all the

Another year has passed, with ups and downs

Funnily enough, seems like spring is a time for reflection. I always seem to come back to my blogging during this time, even though I think about often and miss it. I was looking at buying a typewriter and having a go at more regular diary blogs. That is for another time though. Since the last time I wrote, a lot has happened. I will start with the passing of my dad, he aged in a year enough for an entire life and unfortunately left us way too early. He was only 54, I left 3 days after my last post last year, on the 8th April, early in the morning after going to the Easter mass and saying goodbye to him, telling him I would be back in May. A week later on the 16th April, he decided it was time, even before my mom called me, I knew it happened and a sharp pain went through me, even 2000 km away, something broke when he left this physical world and he took away with him. That has been probably the most important event of this year for me. I think about him all the time and I miss

New trip and new furry baby added to the family

It's only been 3 months since the last time I wrote anything on here, which by the gaps between my other posts is actually a really short break! I am currently on my way to Singapore, with 2 hours to go and feeling like I might puke, probably the tiredness, jetlag, 13+ hours in a plane and sleep deprivation, or I'm just having a bad day! It's been more than 9 years since I last visited Asia, although I'll only be in Singapore for 3 days with another 3 in Hong Kong before a 14+ flight to London to connect to get back to Scotland, I'm so fortunate and grateful to have this privilege. I do think 10-11 hours is my limit for no sleep flights and should also plan better my arrival times so I get there in the morning, and can sleep on the flight, oh well, maybe next time... The AWS Summit in London was fantastic, and I just wrapped up writing a blog around it actually. It's much more my vibe than re:Invent, and since London is 1 hour away, think I'll take that to L